These titles represent both the theme and genre of horror and scary movies well. And hopefully the fonts we use will also look authentic and won’t appear out of place as a Hollywood movie… I wanted to find out what types of fonts and techniques were stereotypically used in scary movies and find examples of how they appear on the screen. I also wanted to find out what colours were used and the components which linked these scar movies together. I found out that quite often the text will appear with a blurred, kind of mirrored effect in the background to create tension and eeriness, often dull gothic colours are used to expand the idea of horror and only bright colours used are red as when found in horror production it is generally because of the representation of blood. This research really helped me in working out how I was going to make our title fonts and the effects I would use.

No comments:
Post a Comment